Conservation education is truly a window on the world, allowing us to share in the global commitment to preserving natural species of plants and animals. The team at Ardastra Gardens, Zoo and Conservation Centre dedicates much of its time, expertise, and resources to promoting conservation through programs which ensure the survival of many endangered species, as well to encourage recycling, reusing and the use of environmentally friendly products.
By providing a sanctuary and survival centre for the plants and animals of the world's vanishing natural habitats, Ardastra can help visitors and researchers learn more about these creatures, while giving them a chance to flourish and breed in a near natural setting.
These are some of the endangered animals Ardastra is working with:
We Constantly Strive to Reduce Our Impact By Doing The Following
- Use environmentally friendly products
- Implement environmental building practices when possible
- Use fans and skylights to reduce power consumption
- Buy in bulk to reduce packaging waste
- Compost our biodegradable waste
- Offer a drop-off site for plastics, cardboard, cans, and bottles for our members in cooperation with the following organisations:
BAHAMAS WILDLIFE & NATURE ORGANIZATIONS
- Bahamas National Trust
- Bahamas Reef Environment Educational Foundation
- The Bahamas Humane Society
- Dolphin Encounters Blue Lagoon Island
Support our efforts in wildlife conservation! The following are the programs that your generous donation will help to preserve. These include our ongoing efforts at Ardastra to educate our community (adults and children alike) in the importance of conserving our very important animal and plant species.